William and Jane Morris Fund
William and Jane Morris Fund: https://www.sal.org.uk/grants/morris-fund-conservation-grants/
Deadline: 31 August 2020
Who can apply? Churches, chapels and other places of worship in the United Kingdom
How much? Between £500 and £5,000
What for? The Society welcomes applications in accordance with the following criteria:
- Smaller programmes of work concerned with the conservation of decorative or non-structural features, for example:
- stained glass windows
- internal monuments and tombs
- wall paintings
- The decorative feature, monument, etc. must be dated before 1896 (the date of William Morris’s death). Applications for features dated after 1896, even if they are in churches dated before 1896, are not eligible.
- A professional architect or established conservator must be engaged to direct the work.
- Grant-aided work must be completed within one year of receipt of the grant
- Completion of the work must be certified by an appropriate professional.
How to apply: Download the application form and submit online