Universal Credit & In Work Progression
Sent on behalf of Southampton Anti-Poverty Network:
Universal Credit and In-Work progression: https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/work-and-pensions-committee/inquiries/parliament-2017/inquiry/
The Committee would like to hear your views on the following questions. You can respond as an individual, a group or an organisation. You don’t need to answer all of the questions.
- What barriers do people face to progressing in work, either by working more hours or increasing their pay?
- Do work coaches have the training and tools to support people in work effectively?
- If not, what further training and tools do they need?
- What role, if any, should conditionality or sanctions play in encouraging and supporting in-work progression?
- What evidence is there for what works to help people progress in work?
- What further evidence does the Government need?
- What data does the Government need to collect to measure the success of this policy?
- What more could the Department do to help in-work claimants increase their earnings and progress in work?
The closing date for written submissions is Friday 26 April 2019.
If you would like to contribute to the Southampton APN response please let me know and send your feedback 24th April 2019.