Training Opportunity Making Southampton a Child Friendly CityFriendly City through
The ambition for Southampton to become a restorative child friendly city was launched in November 2017 building on a number of initiatives already in place. We want Southampton to be the best city for all our children and young people, working restorative is the way we will achieve this. Restorative working is a way of being. It is about focuses on building relationships that create positive change to improve outcomes. It is about working with and not doing to people. It can be used working with families and supporting customer engagement and experience in all services.
Southampton is part of a multi-agency project funded by Health England to develop restorative practice. As part of this, two levels of free training are available.
Making Southampton a Child Friendly City through Restorative Practice – Level 1
This multi-agency 2 hours awareness raising workshop provides an overview. Please note, if you intend to take the three day Level 3 training, there is no need to attend this Level 1 workshop as the content is covered in the three day course.
Dates for standalone sessions;
- Friday 19th July 2019 – 30am to 12.30pm
- Thursday 15th August 2019 – 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Thursday 12th September 2019 – 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Wednesday 25th October 2019 – 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 20th November 2019 – 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Tuesday 17th December 2019 – 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Making Southampton a Child Friendly City through Restorative Practice – Level 3
Restorative Practice champions will play an integral role in Southampton’s ambition to become a child friendly city. The accredited 3 day course explores restorative practice and how to facilitate Restorative Practice Conferences.
It also considers the role of the champion – developing, reflecting, championing and challenging our way of being and holding those courageous conversations.
Please note you need to attend all three days that are run consecutively. Places are limited so please ensure you are able to attend before booking.
Dates for 3 day course
- Wednesday 26th June, Thursday 27th June & Friday 28th June 2019 – 9.15am to 4pm
- Tuesday 23rd July, Wednesday 24th July & Thursday 25th July 2019 – 9.15am to 4pm
- Tuesday 24th September, Wednesday 25th September & Thursday 26th September 2019 – 9.15am to 4pm
- Monday 2 December, Tuesday 3 December & Wednesday 4 December 2019 – 9.15am to 4pm
To book: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if you are not a Southampton City Council employee you will need to supply the following details; Name, Job Title, Work telephone number, Work email, Work address including postcode.