The Hedley Foundation
The Hedley Foundation: http://www.hedleyfoundation.org.uk/
Deadline: The next meeting date is 28 October 2020. Trustees meet regularly throughout the year, applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible and at least 28 days before the meeting you would like your application considered.
Who can apply? Registered charities
How much? The average grant is £3,000. There is no maximum but grants are rarely above £5,000.
What for? The Foundation makes grants to small charities working with young people in the areas of:
- Health and Welfare
- Support and outdoor Education of young people.
- Open air and adventure-type activities and the funding of appropriate kit and equipment.
- The Foundation is keen to support small charities which can demonstrate achievement in persuading and deterring at-risk young people from proceeding further down the pathway to custody.
- A secondary aim is to assist small charities helping with disabled and terminally ill young people through funding for specialist equipment, organised respite breaks.
- The Foundation also supports young carers.
- The Foundation provides limited bursary type funding to organisations which provide apprenticeships and specialist training for talented young people who, for want of money alone, are unable to develop their talents.
How to apply: download the application form, complete it and send the printed copy to the address on the website: http://www.hedleyfoundation.org.uk/applications.htm