The Giving Back Project – West Quay
The Giving Back Project – application for charities
If we’ve all learnt anything this year, it’s that community is more important than ever – and we want to help – which is why Westquay is launching The Giving Back Project.
We want to hear from local charities that have worked hard to support Southampton during the pandemic. Westquay will be choosing up to 10 charities who will share our donation of £20,000 so it can be put to good use across our community. Each of the ten selected charities will receive £2,000 to support their organisation. If you work for, or know, a charity that’s involved in any of the below sectors then please direct them to this website or follow the below link.
How to apply:
Your charity or organisation must fall within one of the following four categories:
- Food Bank support and tackling food poverty
- Providing support services to people affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Supporting those who are homeless or rough sleeping
- Providing employment opportunities, enterprise or skills development
Each application will need to demonstrate:
- How they will spend the £2,000 donation
- They can supply key local facts for the city (relevant to their sector – such as how many people they help each year)
- They can provide case studies of how the donation has helped
We will also need charities to confirm:
- They can supply assets – images pre and post funding
- If there are volunteering opportunities for Westquay employees to donate their time in addition to the financial donation
We have partnered with Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation who will be managing all applications on our behalf. A judging panel at Westquay will look at all eligible entries and shortlist ten local charities who will each receive a £2,000 donation from Westquay.
Closing date for applications: 9th September 2020 To apply for funding, follow the link: Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation