The Environment Centre: Information Events for Landlords and Letting Agencies
The Environment Centre (tEC) are running a project in Southampton to raise awareness amongst landlords and tenants about energy efficiency standards and responsibilities when renting, working with Southampton City Council. There are new regulations coming for private rented properties, are you ready for them?
They have two information events coming up for landlords and letting agents:
- Tuesday 10th March from 10:00-11:30, in the Silver Birch Suite (Level 2) in The Spark building, Solent University. Eventbrite. Facebook.
- Monday 23rd March from 14:30-16:00, in the Hawthorn Suite (Level 3) in The Spark building, Solent University. Eventbrite. Facebook.
Both events will cover:
- Information about upcoming enforcement of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) and Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES).
- Southampton Healthy Homes (SHH) advisor giving advice on energy efficiency improvements, funding options and support available for vulnerable tenants.
- Representatives from Southampton City Council Private Sector Housing, HMO Licensing, Trading Standards and Councillors.
Come along, meet other local landlords and letting agents, ask questions and have an opportunity to give feedback on housing standards in the city.
If you can’t make these events tEC will be running drop-ins at other times, which they can send you details for. Please feel free to share this invite with any landlords or letting agents you work with. If you would like more information, please contact tEC on: 0800 804 8601 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org