Stop Loan Sharks Winter Newsletter and Training Courses
Stop Loan Sharks training have various dates available from June on wards and attach an overview of the hour long session. I can also provide a more detailed session which lasts 2.5 hours. Both are completely free of charge.
The Stop Loan Sharks Project
Introduction to Loan sharking
– What is a loan shark
– Size and scale of the issue
– How loan sharks operate
Victims and Loan sharks
– Examples of loan sharks we have prosecuted
– Link between Loan sharks and other criminality
How you can make a difference
– Working together
Effects of loan sharking on peoples lives
The purpose of the Stop Loan Sharks training session is to provide knowledge and
information about the project and how we can help those who have borrowed from
illegal lenders. The length of this session is one hour.
The presentation will include key things to look out for as a sign that a friend, client
or colleague may be involved with a loan shark. We will show the impact that illegal
lenders have on victims and communities and how we can work together.
Quotes taken from Evaluation sheets…
• Now I’m better equipped to talk help and advise people
• Showed me how working in partnership can reduce the negative impact
of Loan Sharks – a win/win situation
• The most informative training session we’ve had for ages
• The best training session we’ve ever had!
• An amazing training session.
• A real eye opener – I’m now fascinated by the subject
For more information visit www.stoploansharks.uk