Southampton Healthy Homes – Cold Weather Support
Gale* was signposted by Adult Services after her old back boiler was condemned by a gas engineer who came to service it. We visited Gale in her home and, after finding out a bit more about her financial situation and health vulnerabilities, helped her apply for a grant towards a new heating and hot water system.
- Southampton Healthy Homes secured a grant of £5,292 to pay for over 80% of Gale’s new heating and hot water system.
- The energy efficiency of Gale’s home has increased from an E46 to a D65, with predicted energy cost savings of £437 per year.
- Gale has started cooking on her gas stove once again, which she sorely missed when the gas was shut off.
- The temperature inside the home is now much easier to regulate with a wireless programmable thermostat.
- The grant has helped free up money for other home repairs.
Gale’s full story can be found here.
With the recent cold snap, we’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Southampton Healthy Homes is still on hand to support vulnerable households across Southampton.
In addition to the help we can provide your clients, we also have funding to give talks to community groups and train staff and volunteers, so please get in touch!