Smoking Cessation – Level 2: Supporting Smokers to Stop
There are spaces on the following courses. If you would like to book on, please complete and return the attached booking form and we will book you on and confirm your spaces.
This is an interactive dynamic one-day course incorporating elements of the NCSCT Face to Face Training and the latest evidence-based practice. Participants will be offered a range of learning opportunities and activities to support them in working with clients trying to give up smoking.
- Evaluate own attitudes and understanding of smoking and smokers
- Understanding the impact of smoking on Public Health
- Understanding nicotine addiction
- Managing nicotine addiction through pharmacotherapy
- Applying a range of communication techniques to develop own skills
- Roles and responsibilities of a Smoking Cessation Advisor
- Trouble shooting
Wednesday 27th September 2017 – 09:30 – 16:00
Wednesday 13th December 2017 – 09:30- 16:00