National Children’s Bureau releases Manifesto for a Better Childhood
The NCB has developed a Manifesto with children and young people, setting out its priorities for the new government ahead of the general election.
The Manifesto sets out a positive vision for improving young lives, starting in pregnancy and continuing until a young person’s 25th birthday. The six priority areas demanded of the government in the document are:
- Develop a Children’s and Young People’s Strategy
- Put children’s voices at the heart of the political process
- Stop children and young people growing up in poverty
- Improve outcomes in early childhood
- Deliver an inclusive education system
- Promote and protect our children’s wellbeing and mental health
You can read the manifesto here.