Local Charities Day – 14 December 2018
Government Office of Civil Society are promoting Local Charities Day which builds on the work of Governments recently published Civil Society Strategy, and commits to enhancing relationships between businesses, charities and local areas, to help communities grow. Each year Local Charities Day shines a spotlight on the incredible work local charities do to build healthy and happy local communities. With your help we want every individual to do something special to celebrate #LocalCharitiesDay.
How can you get involved?
There are lots of ways you can champion the work you do and support the Day on the Local Charities Day website in the coming days, so do check back and ensure you’re following it on social media for the latest updates (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). You can also:
- Download the Local Charities Day toolkit, with materials to help promote the day on your channels
- Add the #LocalCharitiesDay Twibbon to your social media profile pics
- Promote the Local Charities Day Map and encourage local charities you know to add their details so people can find great charities in their areas
- Let us know your plans for Local Charities Day 2018 – email LocalCharitiesDay@culture.gov.uk
- Share pictures and stories of what you’re up to – #LocalCharitiesDay
- Tell us in one brief sentence alongside an image of your charity for us to create you a I’m supporting Local Charities Day graphic for you to share
- Share the link to these free Local Charities Day Webinars
- write a short blog post about your work and why you’re supporting Local Charities Day? Email LocalCharitiesDay@culture.gov.uk