HIWCF Grant Programmes Now Open
Please be advised that HIWCF Grant Funding is now available at: www.hiwcf.com/grants/(please click here)
- Small Grants Small Items provides grants of £250-£500 for one-off items or small items of expenditure which will benefit the local community in Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton. Eligible items include a new cooker for a luncheon club, sports equipment for youth clubs, or hall hire for groups that meet regularly.
- Better Start provides grants of £1,000-£5,000, for projects in Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton that help tackle childhood poverty for those aged up to 21 years old (up to 25 for disabled young people). Acceptable projects include those helping children with access to a nutritious meal, projects that help build family resilience, projects that support a move into education, training or employment and projects that support issues related to mental health.
- Businesses Supporting Older People awards grants of £500 to Hampshire groups whose members are over 65 years of age, to increase participation in community activities such as bowling clubs, coffee mornings, exercise clubs, luncheon clubs, trips and projects. The fund aims to reduce isolation and loneliness amongst older people.
- Montagu Neville Durnford and Saint Leo Cawthan Memorial Trust provides grants of up to 5,000 to Portsmouth organisations, with a preference to support those aged over 50, particularly with links to the Naval services. Projects focusing on helping those with disabilities or struggling with poverty and disadvantage will be considered, together with those encouraging community development and social inclusion.
- Portsmouth City Community Fund provides grants of £500-£5,000 in Portsmouth, to support a wide range of beneficiaries including young people and older people, focusing on health and disability, medical research and general community projects. Applications may also demonstrate disadvantage and need in the greater Portsmouth area.
- #iwill awards grants of £1,000-£5,000 across Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight, encouraging young people aged between 10 and 20 (up to 25 for disabled young people) to lead change and make a positive contribution to their communities, particularly in less affluent areas. Grants should deliver opportunities for young people to get involved in campaigning, fundraising and volunteering, all of which enable participants to make a positive difference in their local area.
- Red Funnel has established a ‘Travel Support Scheme’ to support voluntary and community groups based in Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight. The scheme can help groups by contributing towards travelling across the Solent on Red Funnel vehicle ferries and Red Jet services.
The deadline for applying to these funds is 5th July 2019 (excepting Red Funnel which closes on 29th Nov 2019).