Funding available COVID Community Response: Buildings
Closing date: Midday on 30th October 2020
Funding is available for local voluntary and community sector organisations to support costs to make community buildings ‘COVID –secure’. A one-off grant of up £500 for is available. This can be used for future costs or to reimburse costs already incurred. We are expecting a high level of demand for this funding. Please check the funding criteria before completing and submitting application form. If your submission is for costs already incurred please ensure you provide evidence of spend with the application.
COVID Community Response: Buildings Grants Criteria
Who can apply?
• Voluntary, Not-for-profit and Faith groups (where community buildings are being used for non-religious activities) can apply for up to £500.
• Applications are not accepted from schools, further and higher education establishments, regardless of how they are funded (LEA, trusts, privately funded, etc.) nor from statutory agencies, such as the police, health or local authorities
What can be funded?
We will consider any reasonable items to make your community accessed building COVID 19 secure. This can be for future costs or to reimburse costs already incurred including: signage, screening, equipment, etc in line with the Government’s ‘COVID -19: Guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community facilities’. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-multi-purpose-communityfacilities/
What can’t be funded?
• Items that mainly benefit individuals
• Websites, including domain names, design and hosting (there are many free options available)
• Salaries for staff directly employed by you
• Non Covid related building or running costs (including rent)
• Political or religious activities
• Trips or expeditions