Chair based Exercise
Gentle Chair Based Exercise Level 2
This course shows you how to create, adapt and deliver a safe chair-based exercise session for older people living in care settings. The sessions throughout the day are very practical, simple to understand, and easy to apply on the care floor. The course looks at physical changes as we age, health and safety considerations including risk assessment and different exercises for different chronic conditions.
10am to 5pm
By the end of the course delegates will have the knowledge to understand:
- The physical changes that happen as we age. The affect these have on people and the role of functional exercise in alleviating some of these affects.
- The health and safety considerations required to keep the resident, exercise leader and organisation safe
- A complete range of safe, easy exercises allowing you to create over 100 different exercise sessions for all abilities.
- How to create your own safe programmes from scratch quickly
- How to create and adapt exercise sessions for those with:
- Dementia, Parkinson’s disease , Stroke, MS
- Heart conditions, COPD, Cancer, Arthritis
- Diabetes, Epilepsy, Hip and knee replacements
- Huntington’s disease, Mental health problems, Bed bound
The course is designed for individuals who work or volunteer with older people in residential and nursing homes, sheltered housing and day centres.
A certificate is issued upon completion of the course.
Tel: 01245 357132