Assistant Support Worker (Early Intervention)
The Booth Centre, Southampton
Salary: £18,321 per annum
Working Hours: 40 hr per week, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme.
The Booth Centre is a residential Lifehouse accommodating up to 46 homeless vulnerable adults.
The role of Assistant Support Worker is an inspirational one and key to achieving successful outcomes for clients. As a positive male or female role model you will provide assistance with delivering a high quality programme of support which promotes client choice and control. You will address clients support needs, enable them to make positive life choices and ultimately empower them to lead more sustainable lifestyles. You will complete day to day activities including administration tasks and reception duties to support the successful operation of the Lifehouse.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Motivation towards supporting vulnerable clients to achieve focussed and positive life outcomes
- Good customer service, time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in a range of IT packages including Microsoft
- Will be able to work within the ethos of The Salvation Army with regard to delivering services to vulnerable people without discrimination
Desirable attributes include:
- GCSE’s including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Safeguarding of Clients and Staff
- Experience of working with vulnerable clients in a supportive setting
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced DBS check with barred list (Adult Workforce)
For further details and to apply please visit The Salvation Army’s website:
Closing date: 26/08/2018
Interview date: TBC
CVs will not be accepted
Promoting equality in the workplace