Ashworth Charitable Trust
Ashworth Charitable Trust: http://www.ashworthtrust.org/
Deadline: Before end of August for the November trustees meeting.
Who can apply? Registered charities with annual incomes of less than £1 million.
How much? Usually no more than £3,000
What for? The work of the Trust is informed by a set of underlying principles:
- The oneness of humanity;
- The establishment of true justice;
- The paramount importance of education for all;
- The need to address the situation of the very poor and of those at the margins of society;
- That all people everywhere should be able to share the fruits of and be empowered to participate in the construction of a just, prosperous and sustainable society; and
- That to achieve these aims, it is necessary to build the capacity of individuals, communities and institutions.
The Trust prefers to help fund humanitarian projects and activities that share this vision and that have any of these characteristics:
- The project or activity has been initiated by people living at the grassroots who are empowered to find the solutions to their own problems;
- The project has a relatively simple, clear set of objectives and actions that further the vision of the Trust;
- The project develops the capacity of individuals, their communities or their institutions helping them to help themselves;
- The project enhances the learning of individuals, their communities or their institutions;
- The project’s ‘beneficiaries’ participate in the management and running of the project or activity; and
- The project’s ‘beneficiaries’ have suffered, or are suffering, from injustice, poverty or personal circumstances that are difficult for the individual to overcome without assistance.
How to apply: Apply online http://www.ashworthtrust.org/apply.html