Alcohol: A Brief Intervention
We have 4 or 5 spaces available on the following course,
on Tuesday 9th January 2018 – 13:00 – 16:30
- Community Healthcare Workers
- UHS Staff and Students
- Primary Care staff
- Staff who have regular contact with a range of clients who may be vulnerable to drinking to excess.
This course will cover:
- The basic facts about alcohol and alcohol harm
- How to use the alcohol screening tool
- The principles of brief interventions and the skills and techniques needed to raise this topic with clients.
Alcohol Brief Interventions are a very effective way to enable people to assess their alcohol use and develop ways to reduce alcohol consumption.
This course will draw on proven principles of working with clients and the tools and techniques for engaging clients in a supportive way.
Date: Tuesday 9th January 2018
13:00 – 16:30
All courses are held at Royal South Hants Hospital, Brintons Terrace, SO14 0YG
For details and booking, please call 0300 123 3791 or complete and email the booking form to HPTraining@solent.nhs.uk