2018 Grants Round England & Wales
Closing date for applications: midnight on 12th September 2018
Applicants notified: by w/c 10th December 2018
Please read in conjunction with the Foundation’s distribution principles, the current version of which is available on our website at www.atjf.org.uk/grants.
The Trustees will consider requests for funding from organisations and projects offering services in England & Wales which provide free legal advice and representation at court or tribunal, including on the day of a hearing. The trustees are particularly focused on:
- The continuation of local or regional provision of free legal advice services which are at risk or which are in areas of the country where there is little or no provision.
- Helping the most vulnerable people, and especially families and individuals living in poverty.
- Engagement in and involvement with existing local advice communities.
- Value for money and effective use of resources.
- In deciding what to fund the Trustees will consider the degree of need and the degree of benefit.
- The Foundation always receives more applications than can be funded.
- The Foundation generally only funds organisations and projects providing services in the UK.
- Applications will generally be considered for funds in the region of £5,000 to £20,000.
- When prioritising applications the Foundation will consider:
- the availability of free reserves;
- the effective use of technology (e.g. to reduce the need for travel where appropriate);
- whether the application duplicates advice services already available in the area concerned.
To apply, please complete the application form and send it via email to email@example.com by midnight on 12th September 2018.