- This event has passed.
Safeguarding Adults and Children
September 27, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
This half day course aims to introduce the principles of safeguarding and will give those who work in support and care sectors a greater understanding of this subject to improve their services to adults and children.
For delegates to gain an understanding of current legislation and frameworks related to child / adult safeguarding and how this impacts on their role
- Define safeguarding and describe outline of relevant legal framework
- Identify and describe how to recognise types of abuse
- Identify and demonstrate essential characteristics related to effective reporting in relation to abuse
- Demonstrate awareness of local and other relevant policy related to safeguarding
- Consider role in relation to prevention of abuse