- This event has passed.
DIY accounts in Microsoft Excel a Practical Workshop
January 22 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm£22.10
Due to popular demand, Southampton Voluntary Services (SVS) and Rachel Cooper from Welbeck Accountancy are working together to offer a practical workshop for community and voluntary groups which will give you the confidence to set up a bookkeeping system on a spreadsheet using a free template. The training is aimed at staff and volunteers who are responsible for bookkeeping and financial reporting. You will need to bring your own laptop, and a basic ability to use a spreadsheet is needed
- Be shown the structure of the linked spreadsheet
- Set up a fictional organisation, with categories of income and spend, restricted funds and bank and cash accounts
- Reconcile the bank transactions to the spreadsheet
- See how the inputs produce a finance report for use in the year
- Get some ideas on straightforward systems for keeping the right records
The training will be held on Monday 22nd January 2018 from 9.30 am (Registration) for a 10am start -1pm at the Voluntary action Centre, Kingsland Square, St Mary Street, Southampton SO14 1NW.