- This event has passed.
A Practical Guide to Female Genital Mutilation Protection Orders and Forced Marriage Protection Orders
January 22 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
Forced Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation Orders are civil injunctions that offer a legal means to protect and safeguard both victims of, and potential victims of these harmful practices. The process to obtain an order is very simple, and their effects can have a significant positive impact on the life of the person to be protected.
This event aims to raise awareness of the scope and effectiveness of the orders, along with a practical guide to applying, with the aim of encouraging professionals to always consider them in any safeguarding plans.
What can you expect to learn?
- What is FGM?
- What is Forced Marriage and so called ‘Honour Based’ Violence?
- How to identity risk
- Powerful survivor testimony
- The practicalities of obtaining an order
- Tools to assist in the application
- Learning application – case studies
Who is the event aimed at?
- Social Workers
- Those working in the family and criminal courts
- Legal professionals
- Health professionals
- Education professionals
- Safeguarding charities
- In fact, anyone who might be able to make a difference in someone’s life by advising them or assisting in applying for an order.
This event is FREE to attend and is being delivered by the Home Office in partnership with Ministry of Justice, Hampshire Police and the National FGM Centre.
To book please follow this link: https://gov.smartwebportal.co.uk/homeoffice/public/webform.asp?id=136&id2=B4D222
There is limited availability for this event which we expect to be very popular. To this end, we ask that anyone that is unable to attend after having registered please advise as soon as possible on the email address below to allow your place to be reallocated. A waiting list is available.
Please note that there are no refreshments provided, however you can purchase lunch or drinks from the canteen between 0800-1400hrs should you wish to do so (Cash and card accepted). Alternatively, you are welcome to bring your own refreshments with you.
Road: Satellite Navigation will find the venue using the postcode and is approximately 10 minutes from junction 8, M27.
Train: Hamble train station is at the bottom of the driveway and is approx. 10-15-minute walk along the driveway to Victoria House reception.
There is parking available on site, however due to building work, the volume is reduced. Where feasible, delegates are requested to car share or make use of public transport.
Please read carefully before booking:
- This is a free event however you are requested to contact the organiser asap should you be unable to attend to allow your place to be reallocated.
- Please DO NOT book multiple tickets in one name. Each delegate must register separately to assist with registration and fire regulations.
- Lunch and refreshments are NOT provided at this event.
- If you require any reasonable adjustments, please let the organiser know.
For all booking enquiries contact Gillian.Squires1@homeoffice.gov.uk
Exhibitors – If you would like to promote and share information on your organisation’s services at the event then please request a table via DC Gill Squires on Gillian.Squires1@homeoffice.gov.uk
March 23 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
March 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
March 23 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely