We are continuing to follow up on the Southampton Homelessness conference in January – Beds, Begging and Business.
Some of the key actions arising from the weekend are to
- launch the street support website, as used in Manchester, Bournemouth etc. Work is underway on the Southampton site. Here is the link https://streetsupport.net
- launch a Homelessness Charter – options for wording is being drafted for a meeting on 19th April.
- review potential for more move-on accommodation from hostels
- better community responses to homelessness
If you have interest in any of the above actions, then there are some ‘task and finish’ groups working on the actions and they would be pleased to have your support.
We particularly need your help with no. 4. We haven’t yet got a comprehensive list of all community responses to homelessness. We have some capacity to map out the services and take it online with SVS and the new website – but will need information from you this month.
Please would you let me have details of any services for the homeless including
- Times, days and places of any food, clothing or blanket/sleeping bag provision; any conditions on access to that service.
- Other support such as counselling, practical support, emergency relief.
Our aim is to have the directory online by 19th April and then to publicly launch in June.
Thank you for your support in this.
If you have any questions, please do contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org tel 02380228291