Southampton City Council have released their August Funding Bulletin a little early this month as it’s a bumper issue with lots of deadlines in August and September so you may need the extra week to get through it all!
Training at SVS
Please click here to find out about Major Donor Fundraising training being held at SVS this September.
Updated fund… Awards for All
Awards for All is the Big Lottery Fund’s small grants scheme, offering grants of between £300 and £10,000. New guidance and application materials have just been launched, making it simpler and even easier to apply. If you’ve not applied to this fund before it is quick and easy to do and we highly recommend it. There are no deadlines, you can apply anytime as long as it is 12 weeks before you activities are due to start. If you have an idea that you think might fit with this programme, you can call the Big Advice line on 08454 10 20 30 to discuss it.
Spotlight on… Heritage Lottery Fund
When you think of the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) you may think about funding for old buildings like the Bargate and Tudor House Museum, but HLF says “Heritage includes many different things from the past that we value and want to pass on to future generations”. So as well as archaeological sites, historic buildings and museums the HLF’s grant programmes also fund projects for:
- cultural traditions such as stories, festivals,
- crafts, music, dance and costumes;
- histories of people and communities;
- histories of places and events;
- the heritage of languages and dialects;
- natural and designed landscapes and gardens;
- people’s memories and experiences (often recorded as ‘oral history’);
- places and objects linked to our industrial, maritime and transport history; and
- natural heritage including habitats, species and geology.
Looking at that list, Southampton is full of potential heritage projects. The HLF small grants programme – Sharing Heritage – offers grants of between £3,000 and £10,000. There are no deadlines, you can apply anytime, and decisions are made around 12 weeks after you submit your application. See the HLF website to find out more about all their grant programmes: https://www.hlf.org.uk/looking-funding/our-grant-programmes
More funding opportunities