WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – A BRIEF INTERVENTION
Tuesday 15th May 2018, 09:30 – 13:00
Royal South Hants Hospital
Who can attend?
Professionals working in primary care, health improvement, community workers, leisure
providers, volunteers supporting health improvement, students at Southampton universities.
What will I learn?
- To understand the current evidence for providing brief interventions on weight management with adults.
- To develop skills and techniques to use in short one-to-one conversations of a few minutes utilising a client-centred approach.
This half-day course will introduce participant to an approach to delivering brief interventions on weight management with adults. It will build on the evidence-base of what are the most effective ways to approach behaviour change on this topic including:
- How to raise the topic of weight management focusing on both diet and physical activity
- How to apply motivational interviewing techniques in the context of a brief
- Enabling adults to self-monitor their behaviour and measure behaviour changes
- Enabling adults to seek support from other service
If you would like to book onto this course, please complete and return the attached booking form to HPTraining@solent.nhs.uk or call us on 0300 123 3791 and we will book you on and confirm your spaces by email.
(Maximum 15 delegates per training session)