There are hundreds of volunteering opportunities for you to get involved in with all sorts of fantastic charities and community groups. How about volunteering in:
- Administration and Finance
- Advice, info and support
- Arts and music
- Campaigning and Lobbying
- Events and Fundraising
- Gardening and Conservation
- Legal and the Law
- Media, marketing and communications
- Sports and Coaching
- Teaching, Training and Leading
- Trustees and Committees
- Children/Youth Work
How do I get involved?
- At SVS, we offer a range of services to help you begin your volunteering journey:Attend our confidential “drop in” service every Thursday morning from 10am to 12pm at the Voluntary Action Centre in St. Marys
- Come to a Volunteer Information Session - these are informal group sessions where you can find answers to all of your questions about becoming a volunteer. There are currently no sessions scheduled but they will return later in the year
(Please note - the Volunteer Information Sessions are not drop-in sessions, we advise you arrive 5 minutes before the start time as if sessions are busy and you are late you may be turned away)
- Find volunteering opportunities online using Do-it. As an NCVO accredited Volunteer Centre, Southampton Voluntary Services maintain information on opportunities in Southampton through the national volunteering website www.do-it.org.uk.
Not convenient, but still have some questions?
If you have any questions about volunteering, but are unable to make it to either a Volunteering Information Session or our out of hours drop in service, you can contact us confidentially via phone or e-mail on: (02380) 216002 or firstname.lastname@example.org